Monday, June 1, 2009

Orgy Riot

Here's another interesting news item. I thought nudist colonies were supposed to be wholesome family retreats where people could enjoy a more natural communion with nature. I guess things are a little looser at The White Cockatoo.



I originally had a post about Sotomayor scheduled for today, but there were problems with the clip on YouTube. Look for that tomorrow.

Any Australian viewers want to clue us in on the meaning of "argy-bargy"? Is that really a common expression down there? If so, I'd like to popularize its use here in the civilized parts of the world.

Anyone else suspicious of Lily's knowledge of the location of the White Cockatoo? And is the White Cockatoo supposed to be a euphemism? I'd like to hear from someone from the resort. I'll try to send them an email and see if they respond.

UPDATE: One of the owners of The White Cockatoo responded. See the comment below. Since I exploited his business for my little comedy blog, I think it's only fair that I let him post all the resort contact info. But it shouldn't be construed an endorsement on my part -- I've never been there, and I'm not likely to go until my personal economy fully recovers (and I get a new wife who's a LOT less conservative). However, should a resort owner want to sponsor a visit by world-renowned blogger by covering my airfare, lodging and incidentals, I might be open to that. As a blogger, I'm not expected to avoid conflicts of interest the way actual reporters are, am I?

3 comments:

Red Pill Junkie said...

Well, at first it doesn't make sense; but then I remembered some anecdotes told by people who accepted to pose for Spencer Tunick here in Mexico city. Since everybody was in the same position —butt naked— they all felt comfortable, or at least as comfortable as you can get showing your birthday clothes in front of thousands of strangers.

Later, the men got dressed while Tunick asked the women to pose some more, and that's when the women felt uncomfortable when they realized the men were using their cell phones to snap pics of them.

Anonymous said...

Never let the facts get in the way of a good story Dave, especially a funny one ;-)

The property was named The White Cockatoo in 1989 after the bird http://www.avianweb.com/sulphurcrestedcockatoos.html, when it was built, and I chose to retain the name when I purchased it 7 years ago and subsequently changed methods of operation to operate as a Nudist Resort for part of the year.

Change the name??? Why??? It seemed rather apt to me at the time, and has proven to be ideal over the years. There's always a few seen here - White Cockatoos that is ;-)

Argy bargy is an old British term, not usually used in Australia, and loosely means pushing and shoving as I understand it. (none of which happened in this instance by the way)

The original breaking story can be seen via http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,25140373-952,00.html and http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,25140373-952,00.html which led to countless others including yours.

It's all Great Fun In The Sun :-)

Regards

Tony Fox

@ The White Cockatoo
Web : http://www.thewhitecockatoo.com
Email : info@thewhitecockatoo.com
Ph. +61 7 40982222
Fax. +61 7 40982221
9 Alchera Drive,
Mossman, Qld 4873,
Australia

Unknown said...

Dave,
Could this be the first time that you actually have a witness to one of your news stories? That is awesome!!

And thank you Mr. Fox for the news posts.