Wednesday, June 17, 2009

A New Element

Are you relieved that Brad is back? I am. So is Lily. And so is Brad, obviously.



I'd like to point out to all those clients who like working with me but can't afford to keep me on full-time that I am always available for "secure document shredding."

It feels almost unpatriotic to take a shot at GM now, but why are they ditching Saturn and Pontiac while keeping Buick? Huh? Won't Buick's entire demographic die off before they pay back any of that bailout money?

For those of you who live in a country where GM cars are called Opels or Holdens, thus making you puzzled about Lily's Buick Enclave comment, here's a picture of it. It's totally different from the Chevy Traverse seen just below it.


I might have mixed those pictures up. They are a little small. Anyway, I'm sure the Enclave is worth every penny of the 20% premium GM expects you to pay for it.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Can't they call it Religion? Oh wait, that's already in use for something big, heavy and unstable.

Red Pill Junkie said...

Oprahtonium, Ha! I bet one atom of it would be more potent than 1 zillion hydrogen bombs ;-)

PS: Ditching Saturn instead of Pontiac is one thing. But why on Earth are they keeping the Hummer division??

Unknown said...

I wasn't gonna post a second comment, but the verification word is "glock" and I just couldn't pass it up! ( yes I likes my guns!)

GM is selling the Hummer Division to the Chinese. Go figure. BUT here is the tricky part, the part of the company that actually makes the Military Humvee will remain a part of GM, so they can continue to supply the military.

Red Pill Junkie said...

Well, I guess that makes sense. Although I think the Military are in the winning side with that deal, since they get their supplies paid by the American people —but didn't you already pick up the tab?

Now, if GM is also planning to sell Humvees to other countries... they sell it to Mexico after all; how about Venezuela? ;-)

Jose said...

What the hell does the military need Hummers for? Just drive around in a Mini, and you're set. Imagine that driving up to you with a turret on it? I'd crap my pants.