Friday, December 19, 2008

Oprah Fat

I wouldn't have brought up this delicate subject if Oprah hadn't brought it up first. Lord knows, I don't want to offend Oprah. I live in the Chicago area -- close enough to Harpo Studios that I have no doubt the Oprah could destroy my life with just the slightest flick of a flawlessly manicured finger.



For those of you who didn't see the famous wagon of fat episode of Oprah, here's a screen shot. I think she's almost too thin here. It's like someone pasted Oprah's head on someone else's body. This was back in the 80's when she was broadcasting her show from Superman's Fortress of Solitude.




A small handful of readers from my hometown will know the Mary Alice mentioned in the clip. She was my next door neighbor when I was five, and we played together all the time. I don't actually remember pulling her around in my wagon, but it's very likely that I did.

Here's a picture of me playing with Mary Alice in my back yard. We look like Peanuts characters. The older girl in the middle is my kind and beautiful big sister, Lennie. Check it out, I'm wearing the Zorro cape mentioned in the Plain Old Stick posting.



Hey, are you a Deadpan Inc. fan who's also on Facebook? Would you like to share your enthusiasm for these semi-funny web comics with other Facebookers -- and see special episodes that can only be seen on Facebook? Then why aren't you already a fan of the Deadpan Inc. fan page?

No comments: