Saturday, December 12, 2009

The Christmas Sweater

In the interest of full disclosure, I haven't read Glen Beck's maudlin autobiographical novel. And like virtually every other person on Earth, I didn't attend his live-beamed-to-movie-theaters dramatization of it. I gleaned all I needed from an online transcript of an interview he gave Don Imus.



The thing that really pissed me off about The Christmas Sweater is how he tried to turn it into a live-beamed-to-theaters event. I think the live-beamed-to-theaters medium offers a lot of potential, but using it for something as lame as TCS can't be good for future productions. It's like if the first rock band ever recorded was Boston, would the Beatles ever get a recording contract?

In closing, Glen Beck is an evil, disingenuous ass-clown pandering to a weak-minded, easily-manipulated, xenophobic audience.

2 comments:

Reine said...

"disingenuous ass-clown" - That may have to replace my standard bad-driver ephithet, "dick-brained ass-bite!" Way more elegant ...and so true!

Piraro said...

Thank goodness, indeed. I often wonder what is the prime difference between conservatives and liberals and I think you nailed it.