Monday, July 20, 2009

Fake Moon Landing

How can we believe the government about this? After all, wasn't Nixon in office then?



I've said this before, but I doubt conspiracy theories based on video evidence alone when there should be plenty of eyewitnesses. Large groups of people just can't keep secrets that well.

Take the supposed "controlled demolition" of World Trade Center 7. There's plenty of evidence that debunks that conspiracy theory online, so I won't go into it here. But the thing that made me doubt it was lack of any eyewitnesses to the planting of the explosives. There are a lot of people in a 50-story Manhattan office building. If you've ever seen how those demolition crews work, you know they don't just plant a few charges. They plant dozens of charges all through the building. If I was one of the office workers in WTC 7, I would have noticed guys planting dynamite and running detonation wires all over the place. I get engrossed in my work, but I think I would have noticed that. "Dude, what's up with all the dynamite? Did I miss a memo?"

1 comment:

Red Pill Junkie said...

I know what you mean; but let's face it: sometimes there ARE conspiracies perpetrated by people in power. Take the invasion (yes: invasion, is there another word?) of Iraq: it was based on the conspiracy that a)Saddam had WMD, and b)Saddam was BFF of Osama. All this was a fabrication, hence a conspiracy.

Having said that, I'm pretty skeptical (more as I grow older) of conspiracy theories; specially 9/11 or London's 5/5; and I've gotten myself in pretty ugly debates discussing Holocaust denial. But, I'm also worried when governments enact laws that punish people trying to disseminate these ideas. You know we live in a pretty screwed world when we need lawyers to determine what's true and what's false. Specially since "true" or "false" are irrelevant in the system of law —OJ was found "not guilty" did he not?