Thursday, March 5, 2009

The Worst Band

Let the debate begin. Who do you think is the worst band in the world?



I thought about not using the name of one of the bands mentioned here -- I didn't want to risk giving them any publicity. But then I thought that there probably aren't many Deadpan Inc. fans that are going to suddenly become fans of hate-pop-folk music just because I mentioned a band name.

Here's something scary -- I almost knew all the Spice Girls from memory. I thought Ginger was Cinnamon, but I knew the others. I sat through their movie with Daughter Stratton, and in spite of the excuse to spend 90 minutes looking at attractive young women, it wasn't much fun for me. But when the lights came up, Daughter Stratton looked me in the eye and said with all earnestness, "That was the best movie ever." She was 18 at the time.

Feel free to leave your suggestion for the worst band in the world in a comment below.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

"She was 18 at the time."

I actually laughed out loud at that...

Keep up the great work! I'm a daily watcher/reader, it's amazing to see what you can do with our tech. Makes me very proud!

Dave Stratton said...

Yeah, you laugh, but I'm going to catch holy hell from her when she reads that.

Unknown said...

I humbly submit to all ridicule, I liked the Spice Girls and their movie. I actually own it on DVD and watch it occasionally just for the laughs. The gaudy costumes, and predictable plot line, perfectly spoofed itself with George Wendt as a writer trying to "sell" the movie. "Citizen Kane" is was never meant to be, and that's what I like about it. It's brain fluff.

Anonymous said...

as soon as he (brad) started talking about the spice girls i just KNEW that that would be mentioned.
it's a good thing none of my roommates are here because i'm laughing so hard i'm crying.
...deadpan inc fans are slowly forming an image of me as a spice girls loving, wannabe disney princess, punster with weak fingernails.
sadly, that is pretty accurate.

munchy365 said...

Worst band in the world? Jonas Brothers, definitely. But these guys come pretty close:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DE04SCD2DcE